Psychology of Communication
Welcome to the course "The Psychology of Communication" on October 28th at 6pm. Its duration is 3 hours. That course will continue till October 30th.
The Psychology of Communication will help us:
1) Know Ourselves Better (Emotional Intelligence)
2) Know Others Better (Social Intelligence)
3) Build Relational Bridges (Relational Intelligence)
1) Examine five communication styles
2) Identify one's own communication styles
3) Discover strengths and limiting factors of each
4) Understand how stress affects each communication styles
5) Build goal statements for maintaining and improving relationships
Duane H. Elmer (Ph.D., Michigan State U.) is director of the Ph.D. program in educational studies and is the G. W. Aldeen Chair of International Studies at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. In addition to traveling and teaching in over 75 countries, he has provided cross-cultural training to Fortune 500 companies, relief and development agencies, mission organizations, churches and educational institutions.
He has also conducted peace and reconciliation efforts in several countries. Recently, he led faculty development workshops at over 25 European and Middle Eastern schools on the theme of Teaching for Transformation. He has taught at Durban Bible College (Durban, South Africa), Michigan State University and Wheaton College and Graduate School.
His articles have been published in journals such as Moody Monthly, Evangelical Missions Quarterly, Christian Education Journal, Discernment, and Christianity Today. His books include An Analysis of Hebrews: A Programmed Instruction, Building Relationships, With an Eye on the Future: Church and Development in the Twenty-First Century, Cross-Cultural Conflict and Cross-Cultural Connections.
The admission can happen at any time after filing an application, laying the entrance examination and interview.